Instagram announced a peer-to-peer way to request account verification. Previously, there was no recognizable way to apply for that blue tick. Also, celebrities and public figures were the only ones to get this exposure. But now anyone can access this facility.
Although Instagram has clearly mentioned, “submitting a request for verification does not guarantee that your account will be verified.” It is important to note that Twitter also used the same tactic earlier. It put the forms public through which anyone can apply for a verified account. But after that people realized that it was not as easy as they thought.
“The blue verified badge is an important way for you to know that the account you are interacting with is the authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, global brand or entity. Today we are enabling a new way for accounts that reach large audiences and meet our criteria to request verification through a form within the Instagram app,” Instagram officially announced.
Eligibility Criteria for a verified account on Instagram:
To get the verified badge, you may need to work on some basic factors. These include authenticity, uniqueness, completeness, and notability. Basically, you should have government id proofs to be authentic. Your account must be public with a profile photo, updated bio, and at least one post. Now the most important factor is how famous you are. You have to be a well-known, highly searched person, entity or brand on Instagram. Now you know what you are going into.
How to apply for a verified account on Instagram?
If you qualify the eligibility criteria (or just want to try your luck), then follow the steps given below:
- From your Instagram account, go to the Settings and then click on “Request Verification”.
- A form will be displayed on your screen and you have to fill it out with the details like username, full name. Then you have to attach a government id that will prove your name and date of birth. It can be your driver’s license, passport, utility bill, tax filing, article of incorporation or any other national id cards.
- After this process, click “send” and you are done.
- Now you have to wait for a response from Instagram. You will receive a notification regarding the approval or rejection of your application.
- If you get rejected, you can re-apply after 30 days.